Mt Om Latest Updates
Your Safety is Our Top Priority
We are thrilled that restrictions continue to ease in Queensland and that more businesses are able to operate with some semblance of normality as the curve flattens. However, it is imperative that customers are aware that restrictions are still in place throughout our centre.
We continue to be committed to protecting our community, the retailers, staff and customers, with signage reminding people of hygiene and social distancing requirements, sanitiser stations for all to use, and a strengthened focus on cleaning particularly frequent touch points and high traffic areas. We are monitoring the situation closely and follow the advice from Queensland Health and Australian health authorities. For more information, please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
Please remember that we all play a part in keeping our community safe, and we expect customers to adhere to public health rules whilst visiting Mt Ommaney. This includes:
- Staying 1.5 metres away from those around you;
- Remembering the 1 person per 4 square metre rule;
- Respecting the customer number limits/flow of traffic at the entry of each store;
- Registering your name and contact details with retailers who require customer registers;
- Using card or payWave instead of cash;
- Hand and respiratory hygiene – washing your hands regularly and covering your face with a flexed elbow or tissue if you sneeze or cough; and
- Staying home if you are unwell.
We look forward to seeing all our familiar faces shopping in the centre, and we thank you for your support of our wonderful retailers. ❤️
For more details on the easing of restrictions in Queensland, click here.
Mt Om Foodies
Food and beverage can be ordered from our food retailers, however everything must be provided as takeaway as our Food Terrace seating (including benches and outdoor seating) remains closed and common mall seating is not available for eating either. Thank you for supporting our food court retailers.
Cafés and Restaurants
Cafés and restaurants can now permit up to 20 seated customers at a time based on social distancing and spatial requirements (1 person per 4sqm). Customers must wait for staff to seat them and provide their names and contact details in order to be seated as part of the COVID Safe plan. Please follow the measures that our cafés have put in place for your safety.
Temporary Foodie Closures
Crema Espresso, Oporto
Massage therapists, beauty, nail, and hair salons are permitted to operate in compliance with the COVID Safe checklist. These retailers are permitted up to 20 customers at a time while continuing to follow 1.5m social distancing and 1 person per 4sqm guidelines. As part of the COVID Safe plan, customers must leave their name and contact details with staff prior to their appointment. Customer records are kept for a minimum 56 days.
Centre Services and Activities
- Our Customer Service Desk is temporarily closed, however the team are still here to help. For general centre enquiries, please contact Mt Ommaney Centre on T: 3725 8888.
- Based on the advice of the Department of Health, the Heart Foundation Walking Group has paused until at least 31 May. We look forward to updating you with further information soon.
- Our playgrounds are also closed temporarily to help minimise the spread of Coronavirus.
Page last updated: 3 June 2020.